Why should I remove tartar at home? What are the ways I should do to remove tartar at home? Tartar buildup is the result of the increase of plaque that stays on your teeth. And how you and your dentist plays a big role in having healthy teeth. At this page, you can see the equipment dentists use to remove tartar and perform dental procedures.
Plaque is a gluey layer of bacteria that constantly forms on your teeth, which results from eating starchy or sugary foods like bread, milk and pasta. And these bacteria will release acids that will break down the carbohydrates that you drink or eat. And the acids can also destroy your tooth enamel and will result in cavities and gum disease. Again, plaque can grow underneath the gums of your tooth roots and breaks your bones that support your teeth. If you don’t brush your teeth after you eat or drink, the plaque will harden and will form tartar. And that’s the reason why brushing your teeth is a must after eating or drinking.
Tartar is the hardened layer on your teeth and gums that results from the accumulated plaque in your teeth and the minerals produced by your saliva. Tartar forms and covers the outer area of your teeth and can cause damage to your gums. And because it is rigid and porous, tartar can easily be stained by food and drink. It also leads to tooth decay, which results from the tartar buildup that eats the lining of your teeth, the enamel. The appearance of tartar in your teeth can be of brown or yellow colour.
You can prevent having gum disease and tooth decay if you regularly remove it. And if eliminating tartar regularly does not suffice you, then a visit to your dentist is advisable. It is essential to visit your dentist and have proper oral hygiene so that it will strengthen your oral health.
Advantages of clean teeth
It is common to have a tartar buildup, but if it is untreated, it will cause a tremendous impact on your life. Proper oral hygiene like brushing and flossing of your teeth, and a constant visit to your dentist and dental cleanings, will be your best shield from the destroyer, tartar. Here are some of the reasons why you need clean teeth.
- Having clean teeth means stopping on losing your teeth. One of the other reasons why adults lose their teeth is from gum disease. The progression of your gum disease will result in loosening your teeth. And you can prevent this by regularly cleaning your teeth and other oral hygiene habits.
- When you have clean teeth, you will prevent yourself from having cavities. By having good oral hygiene such as dental cleaning, flossing and brushing your teeth, can prevent you from the formation of plague.
- By having clean teeth, it will also freshen up your breathing. A bad breath is a significant turn off to other people and by this will be prevented by having good oral hygiene.
- It will brighten your smile when you have clean teeth. As you drink or eat, you also stain your teeth and removing this stain will give you a whiter and brighter smile.
- By having clean teeth, it will save you from spending too much for a dental procedure. As dental procedures are quite, expensive, regular brushing or flossing your teeth will help you in saving your money.
- And when you have clean teeth, you will have a boost to your health, as a whole. Good oral health means your health, as a whole, will be of best condition. It will prevent you from the risk of having a stroke or heart disease.
Ways To Remove Tartar at Home
You can not only get good and healthy teeth from visiting a dentist, but you could also get it from your home. Here are the remedies that you can find at your home and can help you in removing the tartar.
- One remedy that you can find use at home to remove tartar is by using baking soda. Baking soda can reduce the tartar in your teeth, at the same time, kill the bacteria and make your teeth whiter.
- You can also use white vinegar in removing tartar in your teeth. White vinegar is an effective method in removing tartar and prevents you from infections.
- Another remedy that you can find at home to remove tartar is the orange peelings. The orange peels contain antimicrobial properties and vitamin C that will help in eliminating the growth of bacteria your mouth.
Tartar is the hardened layer on your teeth and gums that results from the accumulated plaque in your teeth and the minerals produced by your saliva. You can prevent having gum disease and tooth decay if you regularly remove it. It is essential to visit your dentist and have proper oral hygiene so that it will strengthen your oral health.