Optimal health is the body’s balanced condition, including physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and intellectual health. Optimal health does not only mean the absence of health diseases. It pertains to the overall health balance of an individual by promoting healthier behaviors. In this case, an individual has to make proper arrangements with their lifestyle habits.
People have different perceptions when it comes to defining optimal health. However, little did they know that these various views matter as a whole to promote overall health. Moreover, here are the five key areas that each person has to take in a balanced way.
- Physical health (P): It involves the activities that relate to your body. These activities include eating habits, exercise, medical care, and treatment for health issues. Furthermore, you have to know how a particular activity can affect your body—for example, smoking, drugs, or alcohol.
- Emotional health (E): This concerns your state of mind. It covers your reaction to life’s daily stresses, sense of self-worth, and how you relax and enjoy leisure.
- Social health (So): It is your way of maintaining excellent interactions with family, friends, peers, neighbors, or colleagues. A healthy relationship with the people surrounding you matters for your overall health.
- Spiritual health (Sp): This health area allows you to have a sense of purpose in life. Additionally, you can give and receive love as well as do goodwill to others.
- Intellectual health (I): It is your health area wherein your mental abilities show actively at work, school, or community. It can even show through your hobbies and cultural pursuits.
We should maintain these five key areas to say that we have optimal health conditions. However, how can we achieve this overall health condition? Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore. This article will provide you with ways to help you achieve your balance for these critical health areas.
Tips to promote optimal health
These simple activities can help you with your overall health goals. These may be only a few of the things you can do to make it possible.
- Do regular exercises and eat a well-balanced diet for guaranteed weight loss. A healthy weight loss is essential to maintain long-term changes. However, weight loss is not only about diet or exercise programs. Your current lifestyle habits should also improve. You can also talk to your ophthalmologist to help maintain your eye health. (P)
- Furthermore, maintaining the best bodyweight according to your height and age matters. Weight loss or gain needs reasonable efforts and healthy habits. (P)
- It would also help to read books or newspapers regularly. (I)
- Spend more time attending lectures, or do voluntary works. These activities will not only expand your knowledge but also increase your critical thinking. (I)
- Take time to do meditation and make time for prayers. It will strengthen your connection to the Creator above. (Sp)
- You may also consider writing a journal about your thoughts, feelings, and daily life experiences. In effect, you would be able to reflect on it as you read what you have written. (Sp)
- Be honest with your feelings. Learn to accept and express them. (E)
- Learn to cope and adapt to life’s stresses. Moreover, it would be best if you learned to relax and do proper stress management. (E)
- Show more affection toward your loved ones. Know that you don’t have to live life alone. (So)
- Work with other people. Learn how to communicate effectively. (So)
In reality, these are not the only actions that you can do to live a healthy life. There could be more to make optimal health more achievable. On the other hand, you may take a look at this video for additional information.
Healthy achievements in life
Life has its ups and downs. You only have to keep a good mindset towards it. First and foremost, you have to value self-love. Aside from that, it would be best to laugh and smile often, despite the daily challenges you are going through.
Every day has something to be thankful for. The moment you managed to open your eyes after a long night’s sleep is the greatest blessing you have received for the day. So, start the day right. Move your body and eat healthy foods.